DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUR CHURCH SERVICES HAVE BEEN AFFECTED, FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT POLICY AND GUIDELINES.
THE LIVE LINK HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY PETER GARDIAKOS AND STAN KONTOS FROM STAR DISCOUNT CHEMIST GROUP
Almost from the beginning the Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia (GOC of SA) has been dedicated to the spiritual needs and guidance of the Orthodox faithful in South Australia.
Our first church established by the GOC of SA in Adelaide was the Archangels of Michael and Gabriel in 1937 at its current location in the western end of Franklin Street in the City. Our churches are mostly positioned within the inner suburbs of Adelaide as well as the Holy Chapel of St. Anargyroi at Ridleyton, serving thousands of worshippers. All our churches are under the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Autocephalous Greek Orthodox Church of America and Australia and follow the Gregorian calendar.
Today the GOC of SA has the following Churches and Chapels, these are;
- Archangels Michael and Gabriel
- Church of Saint Nicholas
- Saints Constantine and Helen
- The Dormition of Virgin Mary
- Saints Cosmas and Damian (Holy Chapel of St. Anargyroi at Ridleyton Greek Home for the Aged)
- Church of the Holy Virgin (Annual Feast Day) This private Holy Chapel was funded by Mr John Kapiris and his family and was built on their property at Two Wells. The Chapel is dedicated to the Birth of Our Theotokos* (8th September). *The meaning of Theotokos corresponds to the Mother of Jesus Christ known in English as Virgin Mary.
Church services are conducted on each Sunday morning and all Feast Days.
For further details about church services please contact the individual church or phone our office on 8231 4307 or fax 8118 2043.